We have worked with AfricaWeather.com to revamp its outdated iOS app and give them a modern looking, simple to use but still satisfy their advanced users.
AfricaWeather iOS app
Covering South-African cities in detail, and Africa for forecasts, WeatherSA allows you to customise the weather notices sent to your device, from storm warnings and national alerts to weekly forecasts and even the best time of day to cycle, jog, hit the beach and much more.
This app is designed for SA, by South Africans, and is the only app supported by SAWS (Met Office). Yet it has SO much that’s completely unique, and so many world firsts, you WILL be proud
LIGHTNING: all world firsts features, and homegrown right here in SA. Not available for SA from any other app
• Alert as lighting first hits your suburb (unplug those PC’s and HDMI TV’s!)
• A daily strike count for your suburb…just cos you won’t believe how often you get hit
• Maps of lightning strikes for the past 6 hours, and even yesterday, just cos it’s SO cool to see
STORMS: World firsts when we created them 2yrs ago. Still not available for SA from any other app
• Hail warning for your home and even commute route – do NOT ever let your car get hail damaged…believe us when we say that you don’t want it back after that
• Alert of storms 30mins before they hit your suburb. Plus in-app storm notices, up to 60 minutes in advance, including a list of the last 4 storms
• See where storms are now and where they’ll be in 30 and 60 minutes. So you can start that braai early, or get on with that golf game.
• Radar animations for awesome insight about storm direction, intensity and growth
• Rain in a truly useful format: % risk of ANY rain, % risk of moderate rain, and % risk of storm. All for your very own suburb and split into 4 time slots per day!
NOTIFICATIONS: Yep, we pioneered these in the weather app world 2yrs ago, and we’re still out there way ahead of everyone else in any country
• National weather warnings per province such as heat waves, high seas, strong winds…we’ll keep you informed!
• Breaking news such as tornado touch-downs and heat waves
• A daily min/max, or full forecast – so you don’t have to open the app
• Weekly and weekend forecasts – because we ALL forget to check
• Unusual weather notifications for tomorrow – dress for that cold front, heat wave, wind or rain. Get up early and beat that fog!
OTHER STUFF: Just so you know you do not need any other weather app anymore
• Now covering 3000 suburbs (unlike other weather companies, we NEVER average between main SA towns then try to claim that we are covering your street
• Set your favourite suburbs and swipe between them
• 7 day tables, across 4 time slots per day
• Activity indices for several sports and activities, showing the comfort level on that sport, for your suburbs, 3 time slots per day, 7 days ahead
• Loads of animated maps with provincial zoom options
• Sun & moon rise & set for your town, includes the moon phase
• 7 day graphs covering rain, wind, temp, pressure, humidity & even a 6 month outlook on whether rain will be earlier or heavier than historically
• Facebook, Twitter & eMail sharing of all maps and forecast so you can keep your network informed